BrailleNote Apex BT 32 Braille Notetaker
- Built-in options are at your fingertips to access Web pages, download e-mails or retrieve files from your network.
- Enjoy the convenience of wireless accessories and connectivity to keyboards.
- Printers, embossers, hard drives, flash drives and more, it’s a snap to connect to one of the three available USB ports.
- Keep an updated list of personal contacts and appointments by synchronizing information with your PC.
- Use your BrailleNote’s keyboard to navigate with your computer screen reader using the Braille Terminal Mode.
Exceptional ergonomics make extensive reading and writing a pleasure. Full-size braille keyboard, signature thumb keys and newly designed scroll allow for comfortable and effortless navigation of menus, documents and email lists.
Access your PC with ease – whether you’re researching a report or downloading a document. Keysoft applications make it simple to surf the web, check a bank balance and send emails. You can translate between any grade of braille and text and also print, emboss and attach documents.
Record and play back a lecture, notes or memo with a single key press. Listen to audio books or tune in to music, news and endless radio options – all in stereo sound.
Keychat offers state of the art instant messaging for real-time communication with colleagues, friends and family.
Go wireless via improved Bluetooth connections for wireless earphones, mobile phones and other accessories.
Go anywhere: the featherweight BrailleNote easily slips into a bag.
Go powerful: BrailleNote offers 8 GB of internal memory and various portable storage options, including support for high-capacity SDHC cards.
- 32 cell refreshable braille display
- 8-dot braille keyboard
- Book Reader: Read books from Bookshare, RFB& D, Audible and numerous other sources. Read braille or text formats in your preferred grade of Braille.
- Three USB ports for printers, embossers, flash drives and more.
- Synchronize contacts and calendars with your PC
- Plug and play visual display
- KeySoft applications offer real-time communication
- Dimensions: 0.78” H x 9.61” W x 5.63” D (19mm x 244 mm x 143 mm)
- Weight: 1.8 lbs (812 g)
- Processor: Freescale iMX31
- MS Windows CE 6 operating system
- 8 GB of non-volatile user storage
- 256MB SDRAM
- Built-in Ethernet port (10/100 Mbps)
- Built-in Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g protocol
- Built-in Bluetooth 2.1
- One high-seed USB 2.0 client port for Active Sync and Braille Terminal mode
- Speech output with choice of TTS
- GPS receiver via Bluetooth
- Stereo speakers
- Internal Omni Directional Microphone
- Rechargeable and user-replaceable lithium-ion battery
Untangling the Mysteries of Graphic Embossers
HumanWare has published their latest webinar “Untangling the Mysteries of Graphic Embossers.” Watch this webinar presented by tactile graphics expert, Lucia Hasty (http://visit.humanware.com/e/3332/about-html/4pw2hq/770950709). You will learn:
- What makes a good tactile graphic?
- What is DPI and how does it affect the quality of the graphic?
- What’s new in the free Firebird graphic software for Enabling embossers?
Want to Learn More?
Our state-of-the-art technology showroom is a wonderful low vision resource, showcasing a variety of leading electronic low vision magnifiers. You can schedule an appointment with a low vision specialist, who can help you find the right low vision solution and other types of low vision rehabilitation services.
If you cannot come to us, our staff can even drive out and bring our Low Vision Store to you, for a no-obligation Low Vision Product demonstration. We offer a comprehensive line of low vision products including electronic magnification low vision aids, and leading low vision products for people with Macular Degeneration, and other forms of vision loss.
Contact the Low Vision Specialists at New England Low Vision and Blindness to learn more. Call 888-211-6933 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.