Brailliant BI 32 (NEW generation)
HumanWare’s new Brailliant BI display is designed for extensive reading with the full comfort and intuitive display navigation of HumanWare’s signature thumb keys.
Brailliant + iDevices = A Winning Combination
|Connect your iPhone to a HumanWare Brailliant display and take advantage of the sleek design, high quality braille cells, and ergonomic keyboard and thumb keys that have been adored by BrailleNote Apex users. Control your iPhone with the braille input keys, read messages, emails, or iBooks, and type responses or documents in contracted or uncontracted braille, all without the touch screen of the iOS device.|
The Best of Both Worlds
Once the two tools are paired, the Brailliant can be used to produce braille output, along with providing control over the iPhone without using the touch screen. Users have the capability to:
- Navigate applications, home screens, and other elements
- Select items
- Enter text into any editable applications such as text messages, emails, note files, etc, using the Brailliant’s ergonomic braille input keys. Text can be entered in contracted or uncontracted braille.
- Read in braille from all accessible applications, including reading books from the iBooks application.
- In short, anything that could be accomplished with VoiceOver via the touch screen can be accomplished using the Brailliant’s input keyboard
To connect the Braillliant to the iOS device, the pairing has to be initialized from the iPhone or iPad, just as with any other keyboard or Bluetooth device.
HumanWare’s new Brailliant BI display is designed for extensive reading with the full comfort and intuitive display navigation of HumanWare’s signature thumb keys. This new generation of Brailliant BI braille displays features the excellent, sharp and crisp braille cell technology that users have praised on the BrailleNote Apex.
Light, compact, portable, yet sturdy and durable, this new display ergonomically fits in front of your laptop or desktop keyboard, and can be used with your preferred mobile devices. Built with lightweight, long lasting aluminum housing, the Brailliant BI will stand up to daily wear and tear.
Precise and efficient, the new Brailliant BI features a responsive braille input keyboard* and command keys located on each side of the display. This simple layout facilitates navigation by reproducing all the standard key combinations, and you can control the screen reader without removing your hands from the display.
- 4 thumb keys
- 6 command keys
- 8-key braille keyboard
- 2 spacebars
- Cursor router keys
- USB 2.0 and Bluetooth V2.1
- Windows computers (32 & 64 bit)
- Jaws, Window-Eyes
- iOS (Apple devices)
- Mac computers
- NVDA (NonVisual Desktop Access)
- System Access (Serotek)
- Lasts up to 20 hours with Bluetooth
- Recharges from the PC through the USB port
- Auto-shut off
- Lithium-ion polymer battery
- Compatible with any standard USB A/C adapter
- 26 x 8.7 x 1.8 cm / 524 g (10.2″ x 3.4″ x 0.7″ / 1.15 lbs.)
Untangling the Mysteries of Graphic Embossers
HumanWare has published their latest webinar “Untangling the Mysteries of Graphic Embossers.” Watch this webinar presented by tactile graphics expert, Lucia Hasty (http://visit.humanware.com/e/3332/about-html/4pw2hq/770950709). You will learn:
- What makes a good tactile graphic?
- What is DPI and how does it affect the quality of the graphic?
- What’s new in the free Firebird graphic software for Enabling embossers?
Want to Learn More?
Our state-of-the-art technology showroom is a wonderful low vision resource, showcasing a variety of leading electronic low vision magnifiers. You can schedule an appointment with a low vision specialist, who can help you find the right low vision solution and other types of low vision rehabilitation services.
If you cannot come to us, our staff can even drive out and bring our Low Vision Store to you, for a no-obligation Low Vision Product demonstration. We offer a comprehensive line of low vision products including electronic magnification low vision aids, and leading low vision products for people with Macular Degeneration, and other forms of vision loss.
Contact the Low Vision Specialists at New England Low Vision and Blindness to learn more. Call 888-211-6933 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.