JAWS—The World’s Most Popular Windows Screen Reader
JAWS, Job Access With Speech, is the world’s most popular screen reader, developed for computer users whose vision loss prevents them from seeing screen content or navigating with a mouse. JAWS provides speech and Braille output for the most popular computer applications on your PC.
JAWS Home Edition (Non-Commercial Use Only) can be used with all 32-bit or 64-bit versions of Windows® 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, and Windows Vista® along with Windows Server 2008 and 2012.
Note: Early versions of JAWS can also be used for Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 if needed.
JAWS is also available with an option to add Remote Access (RA). Remote access provides support for Remote Desktop, Terminal Server, and software like Citrix Program Neighborhood allowing you to establish a connection from your computer to another computer and run programs as if you were sitting at that computer’s keyboard.
Add a Software Maintenance Agreement (SMA) to your new purchase to automatically receive the next two consecutive paid for upgrades at a savings of up to 50 percent the retail value.
What’s new in JAWS 18?:
- JAWS 18 detects earlier versions and allows you to migrate your settings from JAWS 17 to this latest version
- Export your settings from one computer or JAWS user to another
- Touchscreen support for on-screen keyboard
- New Options Added to Startup Wizard
- Mouse Echo allows JAWS to speak what is under the mouse out loud
- Text Selection and Other Improvements in Text Reading Mode
- Works even more seamlessly with ZoomText
- Audio Ducking drops the volume of other programs when JAWS is speaking
- Improved Vocalizer Expressive speech synthesizer
- And More!