WYNN (What You Need Now) Wizard is a new literacy software from Freedom Scientific that gives you the help you need for reading, studying and writing. Whether you have visual disabilities or you just have difficulties with reading, writing and learning, WYNN Wizard is packed with tools to help you at school, at home or at work.
WYNN Wizard literacy software was developed by Special Education professionals and has been educationally proven to support special educators and people with visual disabilities or other learning difficulties who struggle with reading and writing.
WYNN Wizard helps with:
- Reading challenges—Read books, worksheets, homework assignments, pamphlets, printed pages, Word processing documents, webpages, .pdf documents, even HTML
- Writing difficulties—Write papers, reports, emails, fill out forms, do word processing and all your writing assignments without a struggle—it even has tools and templates to help you meet all Common Core State Standards
- Learning difficulties—WYNN is a great resource specifically developed for people with
- ADD (Attention Deficit Disorder)
- ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactive Disorder)
- English Language Learners (ELL)
- Anyone who needs access to printed documents that are not available in electronic formats
WYNN Wizard literacy software is great for students, great for special educators, great for teachers, great for therapists and great for you!
How Does WYNN Wizard Literacy Software Work?
WYNN Wizard is a scanning and reading software with OCR (Optical Character Recognition) that lets you scan printed pages and text and convert it into electronic text. WYNN then uses speech synthesis to read this scanned text out loud. It can even read word processing documents, .PDF files, any text files and even HTML from the internet.
WYNN highlights and reads text out loud at the same time using a bimodal approach (presenting material simultaneously in auditory and visual modes) that has been shown to improve reading comprehension, concentration, retention and writing skills.
WYNN Wizard lets you scan a document and have it read out loud, change text size and even change the rate at which text is read out loud.
What tools are included in WYNN Literacy Software?
WYNN Wizard uses all the traditional study aids and learning tools most recommended and frequently used by LD (Learning Disability) teachers and students. WYNN is packed with study tools, reading comprehension tools and writing tools to support individual learning styles, including:
- Ruler guides
- Voice Notes
- Text Notes
- 80,000 Word Dictionary
- Word Prediction
- MP3 Conversion
- Tools for Organizing Text
WYNN Wizard literacy software has all the tools you need to get you reading. WYNN lets you scan printed text so that it can be read electronically. It also lets you change the way text appears on your screen (so it is more readable for you) and lets you change the way text is read out loud to you.
With WYNN Wizard reading tools you can:
- Open a file and hear it read out loud
- Decide which text areas you want WYNN to read out loud
- Choose the speed that WYNN reads text out loud
- Select the volume for WYNN to read aloud
- Enlarge text
- Change spacing between characters
- Change spacing between lines
- Change margin sizes
- Change fonts and font sizes
- Change the color of text
- Change the color of background
- Change the color of the cursor
- Spotlight specific text areas you want to focus on
- Mask out (Cover or block) distracting areas and page sections that you do not want to read
WYNN lets you modify the page, the text and the way it is read aloud to suit your individual needs to help you read with ease.
WYNN Wizard takes the struggle out of writing. WYNN lets you insert text and voice notes into any document and has templates, guides and prompts (that are Common Core compliant) to help you master any writing assignment.
WYNN Wizard lets you highlight and extract text from one document and paste it into another (similar to highlighting and notetaking). You can create a new document containing only highlighted text (by color) and can even type notes into the new document.
Notecard and Writing Templates—WYNN Wizard features Notecard and Writing Templates that are specifically designed to support writing to meet all Common Core State Standards.
Notetaking and Study Tools:
WYNN Wizard study tools combine all the best proven study aids into one easy-to-use software product to increase reading and learning effectiveness. Using WYNN Wizard study tools you can:
- Insert text notes
- Add voice notes
- Add bookmarks
- Highlight sections of text
- Add your own text summaries
- Look up words in the dictionary or thesaurus
- Find words in a document
- Find bookmarks within a document
- Find notes within a document
- Save modified files so you can review them later
- …and so much more!
PREPARE process—This special strategy (designed specifically for students and the educational process) helps you with previewing, reading and comprehending text, notetaking and completing writing assignments.
PAL (Promoting Academic Literacy) Literacy Toolkit—Helps you read and work with any text, including content-area text.
Look Up Word—This feature reads definitions and synonyms out loud so you can look up the meaning of a word and its synonyms while reading or browsing the internet.
WYNN Spotlight—This tool helps you focus in on the area of text you want to work with while reducing and eliminating distractions.
WYNN Speech Synthesizer—Highlights and reads text to you out loud using high-quality, clear, natural, human-sounding voices in English and many other languages.
WYNN Toolbars—WYNN literacy software is easy to learn, easy to understand and easy to use because it has intuitive rotating tool bars (no need to search menus!) with large icon buttons that include both words and pictures.
WYNN Wizard literacy software makes reading, writing and studying accessible for people with visual disabilities or for anyone who struggles with learning.